TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Use of The Motoring Diary is for the listing of motoring and motorsport events. Any events listed that do not fit the criteria cannot be accepted.
It is free to use The Motoring Diary and you are therefore expected to respect the site and other events listed.
As the site is free to use we ask that you do not abuse the use of The Motoring Diary.
All event information listed is a guide and although we aim to provide correct information sometimes organisers will change the details of their events and not update them on The Motoring Diary. We therefore cannot be held responsible for incorrcet information, so please double check with the venue or event organiser.
Locations are provided but in some circumstances it may not be exact and must therefore be used only as a guide.
The Motoring Diary will only email with a list of forthcoming dates or if we need to contact you relating to your account or an event submission.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Motoring Diary will not disclose your details to any third parties and will be used soley for the management of The Motoring Diary.
The Motoring Diary reserves the right to alter any text or image that is not in the style of the site.
We request that all images must be landscape and of 800px x 533px in size in keeping with the sites appearance. Any images not of this size may be changed for a more suitable size or if possible adjusted to suit the site format.
In very few cases we may need to alter the title of your event to suit the site format or if it resembles that of another event thus causing confusion.
If you need any help please feel free to contact us email@example.com
THE MOTORING DIARY TICKETS – CONSUMER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In these terms and conditions “TMD” refers to The Motoring Diary (as applicable). TMD sells all tickets as an agent on behalf of the organisers, promoters, venues or producers of an event (referred to as a “Promoter”) on these terms and conditions and subject to any other terms, conditions or rules applicable to that event.
- Tickets you purchase are for personal use. Except as we may agree, you and your party must not re-sell or transfer (or seek to re-sell or transfer) the tickets in breach of the applicable terms. A breach of this condition will entitle TMD or the Promoter to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
- In addition to the ticket price your order may require payment of a booking fee per ticket, a transaction fee per order and/or other supplementary fees which may apply to the event. Those fees are not refundable except as set out in paragraphs 4, 6 and 16 below.
- If you order or buy more tickets than the maximum permitted per person, per card or per household, we may cancel all of the order or tickets, in which case you will be refunded the ticket price, less any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid.
- To prevent fraud and protect TMD and you, we may carry out checks and/or you may be asked to provide additional information (such as a copy of a credit or debit card statement) after your booking so we can verify your purchase. If we suspect fraud we may cancel any order or tickets.
- You must inform TMD of any change of address, contact phone number or email address, both before and after receipt of the tickets. Our contact details are below. Our preferred method to contact you is email, so you should take care to provide a current, valid email address and be aware that your email filter settings may treat our emails as spam or direct them to your junk folder.
- An order for tickets is not complete until accepted by us. We try to ensure all prices are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of tickets you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and we may either cancel the order (in which case you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid) or give you the option of confirming your order at the correct price.
- On rare occasions the show or event may be filmed or recorded. Buying a ticket affirms your consent to the filming and sound recording of yourself as a member of the audience. If you have any objection, should this happen when you attend a show or event, please contact a member of the Promoter.
- Tickets are only despatched to you electronically.
- Always check your tickets upon receipt and advise us promptly of any errors. Mistakes when ordering cannot always be corrected and any corrections are discretionary.
Cancellation Rights and Refunds
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged, or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these terms and conditions.
- If the event takes place but you do not receive the tickets you have purchased and have informed us as set out in 5, you will be refunded the ticket price and any booking, transaction or supplementary fees you have paid.
- No duplicate tickets will be issued to replace tickets that have been lost or stolen after they have been delivered to you, and nor will such tickets be refunded.
Cancellation, change or postponement of an event
- Decisions to change or cancel events are the responsibility of the Promoter. TMD cannot guarantee to inform you of any change or cancellation of any event or be held responsible for refunds or for any resulting costs you may incur for travel, accommodation, any other related goods or service or other compensation.
- You should always check that an event is going ahead at the scheduled date, time and venue.
- If a Promoter cancels an event or makes significant changes to the venue, date, event time and confirms this to TMD, TMD will try to inform you. This will usually be contacted by email for online bookings. In urgent cases it may be by phone.
- If an event is rescheduled, changed or moved, the Promoter will usually give you the option of either retaining or exchanging your tickets for the new date/location, or alternatively claiming a refund. If an event is cancelled by the Promoter you will normally be offered a refund. Please note that the Booking Fee and any Transaction Fees are not refundable in these circumstances.
- If for any reason you are entitled to a refund, in most cases you must return any tickets you have:
followed the refund instructions otherwise you may not receive a refund. If these require you to return the tickets, do so promptly and within the timeframe communicated to you.
tickets should be returned (with copy of the email or letter entitling you to a refund, or a covering note containing your order reference number and contact information) to the specified address by registered post (or an equivalent secure postal method). Please note that the return postage cost is non-refundable.
- Any refund will usually be paid, using the same method you used to buy the tickets, within 30 days of the original date of the event or the date that we receive your returned tickets, whichever is later.
- No refunds will be offered under any circumstances if you fail to comply with the all terms and conditions applicable to those tickets, the venue or the event (see paragraph 26 below).
Attending an event
- Events are not the responsibility of TMD. TMD does not organise events and has no responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage of any kind suffered at or in connection with any event (including loss, damage or theft any personal property at an event).
- Admission to an event is at all times subject to any terms, conditions or rules of the Promoter and the venue operator. If you breach those terms, conditions or rules then the Promoter or venue operator may refuse admission or require you or other ticket holders to leave the venue.
- Amongst other things you will need to comply with health and safety rules and any security requirements (including security searches for the safety of those attending the event). The venue or the Promoter will have rights to refuse admission or eject you in certain circumstances and these are likely to include if you are involved with abusive, threatening, drunken or other anti-social behaviour, or carry offensive weapons or illegal or prohibited substances or make unauthorised audio, video or photographic recordings. There will often also be rules restricting or preventing the admission of latecomers.
- TMD will highlight any terms, conditions or rules relating to the event of which it is aware and which it considers particularly significant, onerous or unusual. This will generally include age restrictions, ticket types etc. Information on where you can find full details of relevant terms, conditions or rules will be available from the Promoter or venue operator via their ticket office or their website or during the online booking process.
- Before you finalise your booking, please read all the information that applies to the event and/or ticket. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements please raise these with the Promoter and Venue Operator. There can be no guarantee that requirements can be met if notified at the event.
- When you receive your tickets check the details carefully. When attending the event, carry proof of age if appropriate.
- By purchasing tickets from TMD you agree to TMD holding personal information for marketing purposes.
- We may share your personal information with Promoters, venue operators and others as necessary only for the purposes of the event. We will not otherwise share that information for marketing or any other purposes without your consent (as part of the booking process or otherwise) unless required by law.
- TMD will share your information with 3rd parties only if you have given consent for us to do so. These 3rd parties may use your information to contact you with regards to the specific event or other relevant events you may be interested in, based on your purchase history.
- We will always respect your privacy and any personal communication between you and ourselves. We will always comply with United Kingdom data protection legislation.
- TMD cannot be liable in any way for the acts or omissions of others (including Promoters and venue operators).
- These terms and conditions do not create any rights or obligations enforceable by or against anyone other than TMD, you and, as TMD contracts as the Promoter’s agent, the Promoter who has direct rights and obligations under these terms and conditions.
- The purchase by you of tickets and these terms and conditions (and any contractual or non-contractual matters arising in relation to these terms and conditions) are governed by English law and any disputes arising out of any transaction between you and TMD are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Still confused? Then please contact TMD Customer Services using the details set out below, quoting the order number you were given at the time of purchasing your tickets (if applicable), and we’ll see what we can do to help.
THE MOTORING DIARY – BUSINESS DIRECTORY
The Business Directory is for individual people or businesses to promote their services to event organisers.
The Motoring Diary does not endorse any of these businesses or events and you enter into any arrangements at your own risk.
Individual listings last for 12 months from the date of publish and a cost may or may not be attributed to it.
An annual fee is charged for each individual listing.
Special offers are sometimes offered and shown on the website Select A Plan page.
Each listing must be a true reflection of the business and must be soley about themsleves and must not slander any other business or individual.