With perfect timing to solve that perennial problem of what to give the classic motorsport enthusiast for Christmas, tickets for the 2021 Donington Historic Festival (Saturday and Sunday 1st and 2nd May) are now on sale. And, with Early Bird discounts applying until the end of January, they shouldn’t make too big a hole in the festive budget.
2021 is the Festival’s 10th anniversary, and it will be celebrated in style with a superb selection of races, including what promises to be a spectacular debut for the Amon Cup for GT40s, with an 80-minute race exclusively for those iconic machines.
The full grid line-up for DHF 2021 is:
- The Amon Cup for Ford GT40s
- FJHRA/HSCC “Silverline” Historic Formula Junior Championship
- Historic Touring Car Challenge with Tony Dron Trophy & Sixties Touring Car Challenge with U2TC – for ’60s, ’70s and ’80s Touring Cars
- HRDC ‘Jack Sears Trophy’ for Touring Cars 1958-1966
- HRDC ‘Dunlop Allstars’ for pre-’66 Sports, GT & Touring cars
- Jaguar Classic Challenge for pre-’66 Jaguar cars
- ‘Mad Jack’ for Pre-War Sports Cars
- The Royal Automobile Club Pall Mall Cup for pre-’66 GT and Touring Cars, pre-’63 GTs and pre-’60 Sports Cars
- Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy & Stirling Moss Trophy – for pre-’56 and pre-’61 Sports Cars
Ticket prices and Early Bird discounts
Early Bird advance discounted tickets are now available from www.doningtonhistoric.com. Adult (16+) two-day advance weekend tickets cost £35 (£40 from February 1) and Adult single-day advance tickets cost £21 (£25 from February 1). Teen (13-15) two-day advance weekend tickets cost £21 (£25 from February 1), while Teen one-day advance tickets cost £12 (£15 from February 1). Children aged 12 and under are admitted for free.
Each day will see action-packed qualifying sessions and highly competitive races, while car clubs are invited to stage static displays in Donington Park’s Infield. Trade stands and lunchtime parades will add further elements to the show.